Confession time! I am hopeless when it comes to stories. Especially ones that involve faith, hope, friendship, love. I like drama and intrigue, and maybe a little mystery. Pretty much, I like any kind of good story.
One that I fall for quite often is the classic story of Beauty and the Beast. I love this story--and not just because I want to be Belle when I grow up. ;-) When I was younger(okay, even now)when I'd watch the Disney classic, I'd sigh and want to dream about the same wonderful story happening to me. If only something so magical could happen to me. That a prince such as he could love me, and sweep me off my feet(I mean, he gave the girl millions of books! If that's not true love...), and send me love notes.
But you know what? Even though the thought of living in such a fairy tale is rather desirable, I'm starting to discover something different. When I live in the moment, I start to notice the little blessings God has given me. You know what those blessings really are? Little love notes from the King Himself! Who needs a prince in disguise and his flowery gifts, when Christ sends me multiple messages to me, declaring His love.
The breeze as it brushes against you face, is really a kiss He's blown your way. The sun as it warms your back is really just His way to show a small fraction of the amount of love He has for you. A really good day at school or work is His way of wanting to see you happy.
God is extravagant when it comes to His love. He gives, gives, and gives. Even when life is hard, that doesn't mean He's stopped loving you, it just means that He's helping you grow stronger.
That's why it's really important to not get so stressed out that you forget to remember to look for the blessings in life. Because God is constantly sending little love notes our way, and we wouldn't want it to go to waste would we?
This song is one of my favorites, and it always reminds me to count for Christs love notes. Can you think of any love notes you have received from Him? And on a side note, what is your favorite fairy tale?
No comments:
Post a Comment