I don't know about you, but I like getting presents, especially on my birthday. I like seeing the shiny wrapping paper or hear the crackling of tissue paper. A little jolt of excitement will shoot through me when I open it. Even the smallest of gifts mean a lot to me.
But as I was thinking about the posts I wanted to do this week, and how God is so much greater than our problems, I realized He has given us the greatest gift that we could ever hope to receive. I read this in my little bible the other day which really helped me realize this all the more:
"So what do you think? With God on our side like this, how can we lose? If God didn't hesitate to put everything on the line for us, embracing our condition and exposing himself to the worst by sending his own Son, is there anything he wouldn't gladly and freely do for us?" ~Romans 8:31-32 (message translation)
Reading those verses makes me feel so inspired. So loved. And I realize that, even though there was no special occasion, God has freely given us a most extravagant gift.
God has given us the gift of his life. Before he came down to earth, we humans were in pretty bad shape. We had no way to get to heaven, we had no destination to look forward to after the life we lived on earth. But because Jesus came down and died for us, he opened the gates of heaven for us. He defeated thousands of years of sin and death so that we could have life. Because He gave us his life, we now can live joyfully, because we know that no matter what comes our way on earth, we still have a home in heaven. This gift God has given to us is so much better than any present that comes wrapped in pretty bows or shiny paper.
God truly is bigger. And He gave us His life to prove it. So no matter how hard life seems, don't get discouraged. Just remember, "With God on our side like this, how can we lose?"
Have a good week! Remember to keep digging deep for joy! :-)
But as I was thinking about the posts I wanted to do this week, and how God is so much greater than our problems, I realized He has given us the greatest gift that we could ever hope to receive. I read this in my little bible the other day which really helped me realize this all the more:
"So what do you think? With God on our side like this, how can we lose? If God didn't hesitate to put everything on the line for us, embracing our condition and exposing himself to the worst by sending his own Son, is there anything he wouldn't gladly and freely do for us?" ~Romans 8:31-32 (message translation)
Reading those verses makes me feel so inspired. So loved. And I realize that, even though there was no special occasion, God has freely given us a most extravagant gift.
God has given us the gift of his life. Before he came down to earth, we humans were in pretty bad shape. We had no way to get to heaven, we had no destination to look forward to after the life we lived on earth. But because Jesus came down and died for us, he opened the gates of heaven for us. He defeated thousands of years of sin and death so that we could have life. Because He gave us his life, we now can live joyfully, because we know that no matter what comes our way on earth, we still have a home in heaven. This gift God has given to us is so much better than any present that comes wrapped in pretty bows or shiny paper.
God truly is bigger. And He gave us His life to prove it. So no matter how hard life seems, don't get discouraged. Just remember, "With God on our side like this, how can we lose?"
Have a good week! Remember to keep digging deep for joy! :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment