Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Embracing the Day

Hello, friends! I hope this week is starting out well for all of you!

I must admit, I am not as much of a morning person as I wish I was. Once I am awake, I like the morning, and I want to be awake, but it takes me such a long time to drag myself out of my bed it seems. My sister is so NOT a morning person, that even when she's awake, you know she'd rather be back in her bed fast asleep. What happened to the days where I hated to go to bed, and couldn't wait until I woke up?

Yet, with the way my schedule is, mornings are really the only time I can be productive. I work alot during the day time hours and once the night time rolls around I've already made other plans. So, if I want to get any writing done and have a little prayer time, I have to wake up earlier than I'd like.

At first, when I realized this, I grumbled a little bit. I think I whined a little too. Do I have to wake up so early? Is writing really that important? What about prayer time? Would God understand how tired I am?

Though it'd be easy to make excuses for myself and say that I don't have to wake up early, I know it's not the right thing. My relationship with Christ is even more important to me than sleep. And if I don't carve out some time where it's just the two of us, our relationship would suffer. And I don't want that. Same with my writing. I do LOVE to write. And if I want to be a writer someday, I have to be willing to put in the extra effort for it.

So instead of being grumpy about waking up earlier, I've decided to embrace the day. Because when I embrace, and accept to do something that I really don't want to, that's part of digging deep. Instead of complaining about it, accept it and make the most of it. It completely changes your entire day around.

That's what I intend to do. Because though I'd rather catch another hour's sleep, I know that it's important that I keep up with my friendship with Christ and be willing to go the extra mile. It's important to keep writing, even when it's hard. So, tonight, I'm planning on going to bed earlier than I usually do so that I can wake up a tad more refreshed. And yes, tomorrow, right when I wake up, I'm going to embrace the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment